Junior Data Scientist – Dubai, UAE
Junior Data Scientist
Location: Dubai, UAE (We provide visa sponsorship & relocation assistance)
Starting salary of USD 60,000 per annum – 0% tax environment
About Cobblestone Energy
Cobblestone Energy is an energy trading company specialising in the Great Britain and European wholesale electricity markets. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading.
We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country, and growing every day. In doing so, we help to balance the electricity grid, lowering the cost to end consumers, and aiding the transition to a renewable future. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
At Cobblestone Energy, we are a diverse team of over 50 people from 20+ nationalities – we believe in hiring extraordinary talent from all around the world. Our flat organizational structure helps us in giving our team members complete ownership of the work and ensures ideas come from every level. We believe in providing unlimited growth opportunities to our people alongside constant feedback and support, which allows us to cover our vulnerabilities and grow as a team in new and interesting ways. With the right performance and potential, you could be managing the power desk for an entire country within eighteen months in your role. Come join our dream team!
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
- The team is more important than the individual
- Being the best in any market we enter
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
- Others must benefit from our existence
What we offer in this role
- A full-time position on our Commercial team
- Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
- Highly competitive compensation dependent on performance
- An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
- Investment in your development to ensure that you always remain the best in business
- Equity participation for strong contributors, ensuring our interests are all aligned long term
The key to success of a winning trade can be found in the fluid processing of the latest relevant data. As a Junior Data Scientist, you have a key role in this process. The gathering, structuring, and using of the data into models to be able to translate it into usable information for the traders is an essential part along the chain.
As a Junior Data Scientist your focus will be but not limited to:
- Developing deep understanding of the industry and delivering key insights by analysing data
- Forecasting different fundamentals such as wind power generation and demand
- Researching and implementing new trading strategies
- Building and developing new or existing data infrastructure
- Having basic programming skills, like for example Python, R or MATLAB,
- Strong academic background in mathematics, statistics, or modelling
- Experience that demonstrates your team-oriented, innovative, and strategic working styles.
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools
- Pro-active and flexible work mentality
- Interest in data-driven trading
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
The Hiring Process
After your application is evaluated, assessments will include psychometric tests, a trading simulation, research project and remote interviews. All the finalists will then be invited for final round of the recruitment process which is a one-week training program, the Commercial Training Program (CTP), at our Dubai office. We will cater for all relocation costs, including flights, tickets, accommodation, work visa paperwork, and related expenses.
Those who pass the CTP will be offered a full-time role at Cobblestone Energy and join our 7-12 month long Commercial Development Programme (CDP). The CDP is a well-structured rotational programme giving you exposure to data science, trading, and analytics. In the CDP, you will work alongside our seasoned commercial team members, who will mentor you on the market fundamentals to help you develop potent analytical skills.